Friday, September 30, 2011

NFL Week 4 Picks

So last week I didn't do so hot, following a 12-4 week with a 9-7 week. That's what you get for thinking inside the box. This week I smell 16-0.

Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowbpys - This is going to be the most exciting game of the weekend, and I think it will be the coming out party for the Lions.

I'm taking the Lions on the road.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Houston Texans - Coming off of a road win in Indianapolis that should have been easier than it was, I fully expect the Steelers to lose to the Texans who are coming of a "so close yet so far" type loss to the Saints.

I'm taking the Texans at home.

Carolina Panthers @ Chicago Bears - The Panthers haven't played a defense like Chicago's yet, and the Bears really need the win.

I'm taking the Bears at home.

Minnesota Vikings @ Kansas City Chiefs - One of these teams has some hope, the other has none. I expect an explosive day from the Vikings.

I'm taking the Vikings on the road.

Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals - For at least one more week the Bills winning ways will continue.

I'm taking the Bills on the road.

Tennessee Titans @ Cleveland Browns - A battle of surprise 2-1 teams, this game is also intriguing in it's Hasselbeck vs Holmgren storyline. If the Browns want to win they'll need a big performance from Holmgren's latest QB project. That's a lot to ask.

I'm taking the Titans on the road.

Washington Redskins @ St. Louis Rams - I'm a believer in the Redskins right now and I'm weary on the Rams due to all of their injuries. This is a game that could define the fortunes of either teams 2011.

I'm taking the Redskisn on the road.

San Francisco 49ers @ Philadelphia Eagles - Whether or not Michael Vick plays, this is a game that the Eagles absolutely have to and should win.

I'm taking the Eagles at home.

New Orleans Saints @ Jacksonville Jaguars - The Jaguars aren't very good right now and the Saints are one of the best teams in the league. This game should only go one way.

I'm taking the Saints on the road.

Atlanta Falcons @ Seattle Seahawks - The Falcons schedule finally softens up and they'll take advantage of it. I don't see the Falcons in the playoffs but they won't be worse than 7-9.

I'm taking the Falcons on the road.

New York Giants @ Arizona Cardinals - This is a big game for both teams. Eli Manning has some good memories in Arizona, much better than those of Kevin Kolb, thus far.

I'm taking the Giants on the road.

New England Patriots @ Oakland Raiders - The Patriots don't lose back to back games very often under Bill Belichick, and the Raiders aren't really the sort of team you expect to beat quality opponents in back to back weeks.

I'm taking the Patriots on the road.

Denver Broncos @ Green Bay Packers - Orton needs a big game but he'll have to wait until next vs San Diego. The Packers need a blow out for the sake of esteem.

I'm taking the Packers at home.

Miami Dolphins @ San Diego Chargers - The Chargers needed this game at home to be this week, given the likeliness of losing Gates for the week.

I'm taking the Chargers at home.

New York Jets @ Baltimore Ravens - This is a huge game for both teams but simply put the Jets need it more. A loss and their season could spiral downward.

I'm taking the Jets on the road.

Indianapolis Colts @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Poor Peyton Manning, this is a game that he would have loved to play in. Remember the Monday Night Miracle of 2003? That was his first big critic silencing comeback. I don't see Curtis Painter doing that this week.

I'm taking the Bucs at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment